- 800Ageinfo – To aid the elders of Massachusetts in finding the resources they need to maintain their independence and to improve their quality of life.
- AARP Home Page - Serves the needs of people age 50 and older through information and education, advocacy, and community services which are provided by a network of local chapters and experienced volunteers throughout the country.
- Administration on Aging - To maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities, and their families and caregivers.
- AgingCare.com - Where caregivers discover that they are not alone, how to survive, and how to provide the care their loved ones need.
- Alzheimer's Association Home Page - Your source for information, support and assistance on issues related to Alzheimer's disease.
- Arthritis Foundation – Making great strides in the treatment of the many forms of arthritis.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - CDC Mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.
- Councils on Aging - Berkshire County (PDF)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – The Government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- Department of Veterans Affairs - Provides a wide range of benefits including, Disability, Education and Training, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, Home Loan Guaranty, Dependent and Survivor Benefits, Medical Treatment, Life Insurance and Burial Benefits.
- ElderCare Locator– A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- Elderweb Home Page - Research site for professionals and family members looking for information on aging, eldercare, and long term care, including information on legal, financial, medical, and housing issues, policy, research, and statistics.
- Executive Office of Elder Affairs - An overview and the budget of the agency, descriptions of germane programs, elder demographic data, agency contacts, recent news releases and links to related sites.
- Family Caregiving Alliance - The premier caregiver support organization for caregivers of adults with Alzheimer's disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, ALS and related brain disorders.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - Consumers, Patients, Industry, Health Professionals, State and Local Officials, educators, Women, Teens, Kids.
- Homecare On-Line - National Association for Home Care is committed in representing the interests of the home care and hospice community.
- LGBT Resources - A source for information, support and assistance for LGBT elders.
- Mass Home Care – A resource for Massachusetts eldercare information.
- Medline - Every significant program of the Library is represented, from medical history to biotechnology.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Dedicated to improving the quality of legal services provided to people as they age and people with special needs.
- National Council on Aging - We bring together nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government to develop creative solutions that improve the lives of all older adults.
- National Institute on Aging - The NIA promotes healthy aging by conducting and supporting biomedical, social, and behavioral research and public education.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation - A leading national presence in Parkinson’s disease research, education and public advocacy.
- Referral Address: Caregiver Survival Resources - A resource center created to help caregivers of the elderly and ill.
- Robert Johnson Foundation - Grants – Dedicated to improving the health and health care of all Americans.
- Social Security On Line - Deliver Social Security services that meet the changing needs of the public.
of Berkshire County, Inc.
877 South Street, Suite 4E
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 499-0524 Main
(413) 442-6443 Fax
(413) 499-9764 TTY
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST