The Gallagher Alzheimer's Resource Center
Elder Services has an extensive Alzheimer's library located at 877 South Street, Suite 4E, Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Books and other resources may be checked out by anyone. The library covers all stages of the disease, treatment of the disease, how to help an Alzheimer's patient stay active and able, and coping strategies for caregivers and loved ones. For more information call Elder Services (413) 499-0524. Print our 2016 Alzheimer's Resource Guide.
Other Alzheimer's Resources
Elder Services' Information & Referral Department maintains a complete list of all services available to Alzheimer's patients and families including educational opportunities, support groups, literature, national organizations and support services. For more information call Elder Services (413) 499-0524.
- Administration on Aging—information and education, 1-202-619-0724, www.aoa.gov
- AGE-INFO—connection to local (Massachusetts) Area Agencies on Aging/Aging Service Access Points, Information, services and referral 1-800-AGE-INFO (1-800-243-4636), www.800ageinfo.com, www.mass.gov, TTY: 1-800-872-0166
- The Alzheimer’s Association—information on Alzheimer’s disease and referral to local chapters. www.alz.org
- MA/NH Chapter/Alzheimer’s Association—local support group information and education, 413-787-1113, www.alz.org/manh
- Family Caregiver Alliance, National Center on Caregiving—fact sheets and publications, public policy and research www.caregiver.org
- Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation—legal information and resources for low income Massachusetts residents, www.mlac.org
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys—find an elder law attorney in your area and other useful information, www.naela.org
- National Alliance On Caregiving—support to family caregivers and professionals www.caregiving.org
- National Eldercare Locater-agencies and resources in any area, 1-800-677-1116, www.eldercare.gov
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Federation of Massachusetts—information and healthcare proxy, 1-800-773-5433, www.hospicefed.org
of Berkshire County, Inc.
877 South Street, Suite 4E
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 499-0524 Main
(413) 442-6443 Fax
(413) 499-9764 TTY
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST